Saturday, July 30, 2011

DAY 42 WYNNE, ARKANSAS... ALMOST HOME

                                         DAY 42                             Fri.July 29
Thad woke up early again and let us sleep. I think that we are all just ready to be home now. We just don't have anymore time to stop off and find things to do. We just have to truck on down the interstate. There are even more trees and grass the closer that we get to home. The only thing out of the ordinary to mention today is that my family left me at a gas station in Arkansas. I told the kids to watch Paisley and I would be right back because I was going to the bathroom. I came out of the gas station to see that the RV was missing. I thought that Thad had parked on the side to mess with me so I walked around the side and no RV same with the other side . I thought that maybe they had driven across the street to Mcdonald's to get breakfast. I didn't see them there. I didn't have any money or a phone to call them. I went up to the cashier and asked to borrow the phone. She wasn't going to let me until I explained my problem. She let me use her cell phone and I said honey were are you? He said coming back to get you. He said the kids told him that I was still in the bed and then once they got on the road that I wasn't back there. I told him it was almost funny but not really. At 4 months pregnant I just got up and I haven't even brushed my teeth yet. I sat there what seemed like forever before they came back. Even the cashier said how far did they get? I think they had to go to the next exit to turn around. When he got back they hadn't even unlocked the door for me. I said really are you kidding me...you leave me and then you don't even unlock the door to let me in. It is funnier now than it was then..We drove until we got past Little Rock and started looking for a campsite.It gets harder to find the further east that we go. It is so hot you don't see campers in the road like we did before. We found a site in Wynne, Arkansas at Village State Park. It was a nice campsite to be a state park. It is the second largest state park in Arkansas. When we got there, I had laid down with Paisley to get her to sleep. The kids heated up leftovers and I couldn't sleep so I got up. Thad took the kids over to a program that they had about the Trail of Tears and some other things. I watched a movie and hung out until Paisley woke up.I also called my little Mattie Ray to tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  Then we went over to the playground so Paisley could play. Thad and the kids made there way back over and we sat at the playground until we started to sweat. We went back over to the campsite and the boys went fishing while the girls cleaned up on the camper. We showered and watched Wild Hogs again.

                                          The last sticker to be put on our map.

No comments:

Post a Comment