Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DAY 26 HEADING TO CALIFORNIA

DAY 26
   We woke up around 8:00 this morning. I was glad to see that Paisley was feeling better. I fixed her some toast while I took a shower. That made me feel much better. We are all ready to get on the rode and head to California. This is going to be a better day. It was 12:00 until Paisley started to get sleepy so I took her to the back for a nap. When I got up we were in California. We stopped of and a ranger was telling Thad that there have been whale sightings in the area. The kids woke Paisley up so I headed to the back again to lay down with her. We found a spot o pull over and we all thought that we saw a whale... but it was just a rock.
Here are some sites along the way.



We made it to our campsite around 2:00. This is more like it...Klamath's Camper Corral. They have wi-fi, electric, water, sewer, pool, volleyball, ping pong, access to the river and kayak rentals.We walked down about 200 yards to the river and guess what we saw.. a WHALE.. I took pictures but we couldn't see it to well.This time it was for real. The whale and the baby came in at high tide and have been here for about 2 weeks or so. In the river...I never thought that I would see a whale in a river.




Look at the sumo wrestler trying to cross the river without getting wet. This is the same water that the whale is in. It is a matter of inches on one side and around 50 feet deep. The kids waded over to get a better look.

God blessed us today...I told Thad that I can mark seeing a whale off of the list of things that I do before I die. What an amazing creature he has made and we got to see it for real. It just swam back and forth as long as you wanted to stand there and watch. It was great...I know that it made my day. My camera went dead but I hope to get better pictures tomorrow. I have to see this again. 

We got a better look down the road Thad rode his bike to find this place and the tree drive thru. See the mama and the baby.





Then we went to the Tour Thru Tree. It was really neat. We had to walk to it because the RV would not fit but it wasn't far. It was neat, someone actually carved this tree out.







 Then we headed back to the campsite so the kids could play in the sand box and ping pong. We met a guy that works here that used to play pro ball. His name is Bill , his wife makes pizzas here. We ordered one for supper and it was so good. They were so good. We only ordered 1 because they did not have enough cheese to make anymore. Paisley ate an entire piece and half of Thad's. Bill's wife is from Costa Rica and they let us sample some salmon that she had made and Paisley ate alot of that and still wanted more when it was gone. I told Thad that she was making up for not eating last night. We sat and talked to Bill for a long time. He is a real good guy. They had a volleyball attached to a pole with a rope that you hit around. (I don't know what this game is called) The kids loved it. They played forever. It started to get cold and I brought Paisley in for a bath and soon Thad brought in Kali for a bath. The other kids played tag until we made them come in so they could shower. Paisley and Kali went to sleep pretty fast.We have had a pretty exciting day. Kali is excited because she says that we are in her world now. (Kalifornia) All she wants to know is where is the beach. It is 10:30 and we are watching a movie and then heading to bed. We are renting kayaks tomorrow. Goodnight


No comments:

Post a Comment