Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DAY 17 HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

DAY 17
We headed out to the beach for the day. We drove the RV over to the next town to enjoy the fireworks. We found a spot to park and then we waited for the parade to start. There was a big plane that flew over during the parade. The kids got some candy and then we headed to the beach.




 I laid on a towel to relax and the kids all played in the sand. It was too cold to get in the water. Sissy got sunburned on her face yesterday because she didn't wear sunscreen like I told her. She is laying down on a towel with her face covered. Paisley walks over to her and says sissy,sissy and points at me and says mama. Then she walks over to me and says mama, mama, and then points at sissy. She just keeps going back and forth saying the same thing over and over. (not much relaxing going on)




We decided to head back to the camper to get some lunch. After that, Thad and the kids took the laundry on to put it in the washer and then headed to the beach. Then I headed over to put it in the dryer and went to this beach as well. I could tell that Alexa was not having much fun because of her sunburn. I took Paisley and Alexa to get the clothes and to go back to the camper for awhile. I laid down with Paisley and tried to take a nap while Alexa relaxed awhile. Thad and the kids came back as Paisley was waking up and they had gotten some crab, smoked salmon, and popcorn shrimp. They tried to get me some clam strips but they were sold out. I decided to take Paisley for a walk while the others lay down for a nap. Mitchell decided to go with me. We headed to the arcade first and then to find some seafood. I settled for the popcorn shrimp and it was good. Paisley took care of  my french fries and most of Mitchell's as well. After that, we grabbed a candy bar and a bench for the fireworks that start at 9:00. Thad and the kids showed up around 8:00 with ice cream. Paisley had enough waiting so I took her back to the camper for awhile. Around 9:00 we headed back for fireworks that didn't start until after 10:00. After waiting that long, Paisley got upset. I guess they were to loud. Once again we headed back to the camper. I had a perfect seat though, I could see them from the window and I was warm.... Thad and the kids came back before the fireworks were over so that we could head back to the campsite. That way we would miss all of the traffic. It was after 11:00 and we were all tired. I put Paisley to bed and I thought that she was asleep until Thad said that he was going to make popcorn. She sat up and said  POP POP. So I got her up and gave her some popcorn and then we went to bed. We had a great day and another first.... the first time that I ever had to wear a hat and a blanket to watch fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment