Saturday, July 2, 2011

DAY 14 HEADING TO OREGAN

DAY 14


Paisley woke me up early this morning. I think that she woke up hungry so I fed her some cereal as the others slowly woke up. Thad went out at 8:00 on the dot to start the generator. He started to make his coffee and he dropped the pot and glass went everywhere. He got the shop vac and cleaned up all the glass. We decided to have cereal this morning so that we could get on the road. We drove on through the park to see the highest point on the mountain. It was like 14,410 feet tall. We stopped to get a picture and to let the kids play in the snow.



We took a couple  more photos and decided to bypass the rest to head on to Oregon. Kali was taking her turn in the front with her daddy. She kept saying what does that sign say, what does that sign say?  Then all of the sudden she looks at me and says where are we going to put the new baby when we get it? I said where do you want to put it? She said I think with Paisley and I will sleep with you and daddy.  We pulled off to a view sight so that we could see Mt. St Helen and decided to have lunch, until we got a scare and we were leaking transmission fluid. We headed back to the town that we just left and had a mechanic look at it and everything was fine. We just needed to get more fluid and head out again. It wasn't long before Kali wanted to want to get in the back so I laid down with her and Paisley. Once they were asleep I came back upfront and we were in Oregon. We saw lots of barges and huge cedar mills. Then the ocean...whoohoo.


We found a campsite to stay called Cannon Beach RV Resort. It was really nice. They had showers, electric, pool, free shuttle to the beach, cable and wi-fi. The Internet was so slow that I could not use it. We didn't get here until after 4:00 The girls and I took  the last shuttle of the day and the others took there bicycles. It was only a 1/2 a mile. We had a short walk when the shuttle let us off and I told Kali that we were getting close because I could smell the ocean. She said what does it smell like? I said well it smells really good and really bad at the same time. She said all that I smell is cars. Thad and I decided that the mountains are beautiful but we are so happy to be at the beach even if it is cold. Everyone loves the beach. Paisley had a ball playing in the sand. The big kids got all the way in...they are crazy.. It is cold.

Kali in front of Haystack rock in Cannon Beach, Oregon

Mitchell, Lawson, and Alexa in front of Haystack Rock

Being silly






Thad rode his bike to a market a few blocks down to find us some fresh fish for supper while the kids played. When he came back we headed to the campsite. Thad put Paisley in the backpack and Kali and I walked. When we got back I took the kids over to have showers...we had sand EVERYWHERE. Thad put the fish on the grill and I put some potatoes in the microwave. We all tried the fish and even the boys liked it. He got smoked salmon and then we grilled salmon and halibut. It was so good.... I think that Paisley ate the most. She just kept eating and eating. I tried to catch up on the blog but the Internet was so slow that I decided to go to bed while the kids watched a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment