Thursday, July 21, 2011

DAY 33 HEADING TO NEWPORT BEACH

KALI WANTS TO SHOW OFF HER NEW SHIRT.


DAY 33
      We woke up and had breakfast and Thad and the kids started laundry while the boys rented bikes that look like go carts.

 I walked over to get  the laundry and we headed out. We stopped by the market to get some groceries and my sweet husband got me some fresh, jumbo shrimp. I can't wait to cook them tonight. We got back on the road headed to Newport Beach. They told us that they have alot to do there for kids. Paisley got sleepy fast and I wasn't feeling so great so we headed to the back. When I got up I could tell that it was tense . The road that we had taken did not run into the road that we needed to be on so we were in the heart of LA traffic. Thad was not a happy camper.You can imagine trying to drive that big RV in that kind of traffic.We stopped at a gas station to figure out were we needed to get to next. We got back on track and it was slow going. It took forever, I think that we hit almost every red light on the way. We finally saw a sign that said Newport Beach 18 miles. We got excited then. It still took us an hour and a half to get to our campsite. That is the kind of stop and go traffic that we were dealing with. Our campsite is called Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort. It is the most expensive that we have stayed at but it nice. We are going to stay here a couple nights and then head east. They have activities everyday, full hook ups, wi-fi, pool, hot tub, bike rentals, boat rentals, and they have a water playground.  It was almost 5:00 here when we got settled in and we went to the beach for awhile. We found alot of little bitty shells on the beach.



 It wasn't long before that shrimp was calling for me and Thad.  Kali wasn't happy about leaving the beach but I told her that we would come back. We started up the grill for brats, corn, and shrimp. We also had baked potatoes. That shrimp was so good. I put it in garlic and butter..yum yum. The kids headed over to the gameroom for some more ping pong and games. Then showers and bed. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment