Sunday, July 24, 2011

DAY 34 STILL IN NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA

        
              DAY 34                                           Thursday 7-21

We woke up early this morning because we wanted to check into taking the kids deep sea fishing. We headed out but didn't make in time for the 9:00 run because you have to take a trolley over to the place where you go fishing and we couldn't find a parking spot for the RV. It was so close in some of those spots that I thought we would hit the parked cars on the street. So we decided to head back to the campsite to see what everyone wanted to do. The next time slot was at 12:30 and they wouldn't be back until after 6:00. I let them make the decision. They decided that they would just skip fishing and stay here so it wouldn't take up there whole day. We all headed over to the rec room to play games until it was time for summer t-shirt craft. Lawson, Alexa, and Kali made a t-shirt.






I think that Mitchell just didn't want to quit playing games long enough to make a shirt. The smallest size that they had was a youth x-small so instead of getting one for Paisley, I just let her help Kali with hers. It is going to be a little big on Kali but it will shrink some. They used markers to color the shirts and then we headed back to the RV for lunch. After that, we went over to the beach. It was really nice and warm not real windy.
The boys on the inflatable

The boys on the water trampoline

Sissy on the slide

Paisley wanted her life jacket on too

Here she is telling Thad that she wants to go out with the other kids.
They have a water playground that is $12.00 for 4 hours. It has a climbing wall, slide, and a few other inflatables in the water. I don't know how they couldn't have fun out there. What a blast... Paisley set down and played in the sand for awhile and then she started to get sleepy. I took her back to the RV for a nap. It gave me a chance to get the RV cleaned up as well. Paisley woke up just before 4:00 and I made her some noodles to snack on. The kids started coming from the beach a little after 4:00. I knew it would be anytime now because the water playground closed down at 4:00. They were all hungry but I talked them into snacking because they are having a pizza party at 6:00 and I don't want them to get too full. The boys took off again to the game room and while I update the blog, me and Alexa are watching the Dukes of Hazard again. We have like a complete season on dvd that Mitchell got one year. It is so funny to see them watch it and like it as much as I do. The little girls are outside with Thad having peanuts. Soon we will be eating some pizza. Then they have a pool tournament at 8:00. We walked over for some pizza. It was ok for $1 a slice. I took some back to the RV for Thad. The big kids stayed to play games while I took the little girls back with me. Somehow, we passed Thad along the way and beat him back. He came on back and ate his pizza and we just sat in the RV and relaxed. We were both a little tired. The kids came back to the RV and we all went to bed so that we could get up early and head out to see Lance and Irene.

No comments:

Post a Comment