Thursday, July 21, 2011

DAY 32 HEADING TO VENTURA BEACH, CALIFORNIA

DAY 32

     Thad woke up early this morning and went for a bike ride. He went over to check out the big rock and to see were we could park the RV later to check it out. I got up and made eggs and toast. They also had some leftover from yesterdays breakfast that they ate. These kids can put down some food. Thad came in and said that he wasn't hungry because he had coffee and a muffin at the campsite store. He headed over for a shower and then we headed over to the beach with the RV. Kali and Paisley had a ball with the seagulls. I let them feed them some bread and then when it was gone they chased them around until we decided to drive closer to town so that we could look in the shops.




Robin, you will never guess what we found at a shop....a pink shirt with 3 girls that said (GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN)  you remember the one that you bought her that was little and she wore it anyway. Guess what they didn't have anything bigger than a size 2.We looked in all the other shops and never could find that shirt anywhere else. She was so disappointed and it ended up being a slight meltdown. Daddy had to have a talk with her.We looked in every other shop but we could not find that shirt. She settled for a shirt that has fish on it and it glows in the dark. It was also cheaper(that's my girl).

THIS IS THE BIG ROCK THAT I WANTED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF BUT THE FOG NEVER LIFTED.




 We decided to go ahead and go further down the coast to find somewhere else to stay for the night. We only drove a few hours and made it to Ventura Beach. We ate some lunch and then headed to the beach. I walked with Kali and the rest of  them rode bikes. Paisley was in the backpack with Thad. It was a lot longer walk than I thought but we made it. It is still cold here. The wind is really blowing. There are alot of people out here with something that looks like a kite and it is connected to ropes and they hold on while they surf on a board. It looked really fun. Kali and Paisley had enough so we decided to walk downtown to eat some seafood. It was an even longer walk than we realized. They had a specialty seafood shop on the pier overlooking the ocean. Thad went in and took a look at the menu and once he brought it out we realized that we hadn't brought enough money out with us to eat there.  There was a Joe's Crab Shack further down but we knew that if we walked any further it would be to hard on Kali. Her little legs were tired.  went over to a taco stand because I have been wanting to try a fish taco. We were checking out the menu and Kali kept saying mama, mama. I said Kali I am trying to talk to your daddy what do you want? I bent down and she pointed her finger to the girl in front of us and said BUTT CHEEKS. I looked up and there was a girl wearing a t-shirt and way too small bathing suit bottoms. We decided to  head back to the RV. Thad pushed his bike while Kali sit on it and carried Paisley in the backpackWhen we were getting closer she decided to walk with me. I told Thad to go ahead and take Paisley back and then come back to get Kali. So he did and as we were going back they got ahead of me a little bit . There was about 4 people headed towards me and I got off of the sidewalk onto the bike path and all of a sudden this girl comes walking over and says hi and I say hello and keep walking as she hugs me. I still keep on walking holding on to my stuff as tight as I can. I am still not sure if she was trying to pickpocket me or if she was just that friendly. Thad turned around to check on me and I told him what happened and he said I bet that what she was doing you have to watch these people. We got back to the RV and Thad lite up the grill for burgers. The kids wanted to go swimming at the pool and they played games at the arcade. We had showers and then we watched The Dukes of Hazard and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment