Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DAY 31 HEADING TO SEE AUNT HAZEL AND BETH

DAY 31
Kandi, you know that Kali had something to say about that girl's  hair. The girl walked by us to go dance and Kali looked at me and said," I know that is a boy mama..I know that it is." I sad hush it is a girl and I walked away.

Grandma,  I forgot to tell you that Alexa was laughing at the older women dancing and she said I wonder what grandma does when we are not around. I told her that I would love to see you John, Carlon, and Jean out there on the dance floor.


     I woke up around 7:30 this morning and started getting ready to go to breakfast. Paisley got up when I did and had some cereal. The kids started getting up and getting ready. We headed over to the pharmacy to get Alexa's medicine but the pharmacy didn't open until 9:00. We headed to Mimi's cafe and parked. Then I laughed when Mitchell said what does our family look like. I said I don't know...I have never met them. We headed inside to get a table for 9. I warned Beth yesterday that she wasn't going to be having a nice quiet breakfast with a couple of cousins....that it would actually be 7 of us. She said that she was a retired teacher of 7th and 8th graders so she could handle it. I saw her circle the RV so I was able to tell who she was. I met her at the door and we went to our table. We had a great breakfast. The food was excellent and such big portions. I had and omelet, red potatoes, bacon, and toast and I shared with Kali and Paisley. There was nothing left. I could not believe how well Aunt Hazel looks and gets around to be 88. WOW She said that she also works 1 day a week at her church. We had a really great time and took some pictures before hitting the road again.
We stopped to get Alexa's medicine and then we drove for a long time today. The boys and I finished our game of Yahtzee while Paisley slept. I always let Kali roll for me and Mitchell doesn't like it because I beat him. I told him that he could let her roll for him if he wanted. Paisley rolled for me yesterday and I she did good too.  I can't believe it but I am not even hungry and it has almost been 4 hours since breakfast.

These are little  hills along the way and Lawson said they looked like sand dunes.
We drove for around 6 hours today so we didn't do very much but stop and get gas and the kids mostly slept. We made it to Morro Bay, California around 4:30. We are staying at Morro Dunes Travel Trailer and Resort. It has full hookups but most important...laundry. The last 3 sites that we stayed at didn't so we have lots of laundry to do. Thad is headed over with the kids to get it going and then they are riding over to check out the beach. It is just across the road. Kali fell asleep right before we got here. They boys are loading up on games on there ipod because they have wi-fi here. They said that the beach got so foggy all of the sudden that you can't even see good. I may have to wait to get good pictures tomorrow. Kali just woke up and told me that she wanted her Popsicle now. I forgot that I told her that she could have one when we got to the campsite. A seagull just landed on the guys truck at the site next to us.
Kali loves watching the "eagles". Thad got all of the laundry done and folded. He sent it back one load at a time by the kids...5 loads in all. I started supper because everyone was starving. We had hamburger helper and fried potatoes. I almost didn't get any hamburger helper. They just kept eating. I told them to go ahead and I could eat something else. Kali was the only one who didn't like it. Paisley asked for seconds and then I could have cried...she said her first sentence. Mama, nank u. (MAMA THANK YOU)  Me and Alexa just melted and said did you hear that at the same time. The boys headed out to ride bikes again. I washed dishes and the girls played in the rocks outside of the camper. This little boy Paisley's age came over to the camper and he took her shovel and she said daddy.. baby.. no... It is cold here now that the sun has gone down. There is a fog that is so thick that you can't see good. We had showers and headed to bed Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment