Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Griswalds are officially on the road...

                                                                DAY 1
      Here we are getting ready to go ..  We stopped at Keystop to fill up and now we are officially on our way. We just decided that we are going to the Badlands first. It should take a couple of days to get there so we will drive around 8 hours and then spend the night. When we get closer I will start checking out campsites and let you know where we decide to stay. Kali is already asking to go fishing and has claimed the front seat with Thad. Paisley is already getting sleepy. Alexa is quietly listening to her ipod. Mitchell and Lawson are already fussing.  I will upload a video and you will see kids are already playing games and Kali already needs to be edited.



    We are in Illinois now and are going to top off our gas......which is 30 cents higher than at home.I guess that will continue to happen the futher we go. Kali and Paisley are out cold and the other kids have reluctantly started on their journals. Thad told them they have to write   2-3 pages a day. I told them they would be suprised how fast it would go. I have read some of them and they are so funny. I have tried to uploaded several videos with no luck. I will keep trying though.

                                        

Just went by the St.Louis Gateway Arch. Before we went by Thad had me research it and give the kids the history of it. They were so bored but once we went by it the kids were so impressed. They were all taking pictures. Then I asked them how many states that we had been through so far and that was a funny conversation....They said 2 because they thought that we were still in Illinois. They could not figure out were St. Louis was. I am pretty sure that Thad is going to make them study the map  after that. LOL

2 comments:

  1. I like clarks hat! I think Kali needs reform school.

    The Rays

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great picture of you'all. The picture of the Arch is beautiful. Have a great time. Give the kids a hug for all of us at Union Hill. Tell Kali, the preacher said hi..

    ReplyDelete