Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bighorn National Forest


DAY 6

We woke up early this morning to go see Devil's Tower up close before we head out. All the kids were telling me about the dreams that they had last night. Kali said that her pa put her on the couch at our house to go to sleep and I got up to got up to get me a coke and a monster grabbed me. Then she up. She is so funny. They had a paved trail all the way around Devil's Tower so we started walking around. All of the climbing that Kali has done and she trips on a flat path and lands on a rock. She looks awful..





 
She cried for awhile and then was ready to start climbing the mountain. We gave her some Motrin and she keeps saying that she is better now. She looked over at me and I hope that Jett misses me. I told her that I was sure that he did but that I would ask Robin to be sure. She has something that she is dying to give him and Emily. I tried to explain to her that it would be awhile before we get home and she doesn't really understand. She said she is having fun but she wants to go home too. I sit at the bottom of Devil's Tower while Thad and the others climbed up boulder pass as far as you could go until you have to get a permit. Alexa and Lawson actually went a little past that.


 
The path around Devil's Tower where Kali tripped over her foot.


The top of the tower


The bottom the tower- where the trees grow at the top of boulder pass where the kids climbed. That is as far as you can go without a permit and Alexa and Lawson went a bit further thatn that.



This is where the boulders start at the beginning.


A picture at the bottom.


Them at the the top of Boulder Pass before the tower starts if you look hard you can see them.


We headed to the camper and parked on the side of the road on the way out of the park to have some lunch. We watched prairie dogs running everywhere right outside the window. The kids were convinced that they could catch one but we told them that they were crazy. Next, we went through Big Horn National Park. The kids loved seeing the snow on the top of the mtns.

Big Horn National Park










They really started yelling when they started seeing snow on the ground.... We went through Powder River Pass and snow was on the ground. They were amazed since the sun was shining. Kali was begging to stop the RV. We got out and they understood why the snow was on the ground..it was cold. Kali started throwing snowballs, Alexa built a snowman, Mitchell took of running down the hill, Lawson stood in the snow up to his knees with crocs and shorts, and Paisley wanted Thad to pick her back up after the snow got in her crocs. None of them wanted to leave.






We went thru Tensleep Canyons, which was Thad's favorite part. Then we found a nice little campsite called Ten Broek RV Park. It is a cute little place and I am happy to have electric, water, and wi-fi. The kids are riding bikes and hitting the volleyball. I am trying to update the blog and of course I am eating again. Tonight is a free for all... eat whatever you get out of the camper. I had chicken noodle soup and chips and salsa and I couldn't be happier if I had a big steak. Clete, do you believe that?  Mitchell is getting in his running for football, so all the kids decided to join in as well.

Mitchell running

Alexa and Kali running

Paisley has had enough and wants some popcorn.
Well we are heading for the showers and then the kids are going to working on their journals and watch a movie before bed.

Ray family, Mitchell says hi and he loves you.

Grant, Lawson says hi.

Kandi, please get Emily on here because Kali wants you to tell her hi,she loves her, and she has her a present.

Lake, Sissy says hi.

Thad has just scared us to death..he called from the shower to say that he forgot a towel. I told Mitchell to take him a towel and tell him to shake it off next time. He scared the crap out of me...I thought something was wrong. He had been in there awhile. He said he was shaving and of course he made a friend. He was trying to find out good places to go. We are heading to Yellowstone tomorrow. Have a goodnight.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mitchell! We love u too. Kali I hope u got to talk to Emily

    ReplyDelete